Sex Respect® The World's Leading Abstinence Program
by Coleen Mast is
- a positive down-to-earth public school health program
- designed to provide teens with information about themselves and their relationships
- full of positive attitudes about sexuality from a secular health perspective
- helpful for teens, teachers, and parents to logically defend the reasons to abstain from premarital sex
The Sex Respect® program teaches teens that saying “no” to premarital sex is their right, is in the best interest of society and is in the spirit of true sexual freedom. Developed over the years of practical use with teens, the Sex Respect® workbook communicates with teens on their terms, involving the teens, their parents and their teachers in interactive exercises, discussions and creative writing.
The curriculum defines what is human about 'human' sexuality, recognizes influences on sexual decision making, identifies emotional, psychological, and physical consequences of teenage sexual activity; discusses the history and purpose of dating as well as healthy dating guidelines; teaches how to say “no”; shows how to change former sexual behavior and explores the responsibilities of marriage and parenthood. It is being used at the seventh, eighth, ninth and tenth grade levels.
The program includes three separate workbooks; one for students, one for teachers and one for parents. Includes:
- A ‘whole person’ approach to human sexuality and abstinence
- Specifics on Character Development Issues of ‘meaning and purpose’ for teens
- The latest on STDs and AIDS
- Step-by-step plan for Secondary Virginity
- Optimistic look at future marriage preparation and relationships
The Teacher Manual contains
- Clear educational objectives
- Detailed lesson plans
- Home assignments
- Tests, quizzes and review exercises
- Easy to follow outline for busy teachers
Teacher Training Seminars are available
The Parent Guide
- Confirms parents’ rights and needs to protect and guide their child’s health
- Offers guidelines, encouragement and home assignments
- Enhances parent/teen communication about sexuality and parenting
- Enables parents to work with their teen’s school to give ongoing support to family values and health beyond presentation of the Sex Respect unit
- Provides parents with tools for helping their teens grow to adulthood with the maturity, confidence and self-control necessary to maintain physical, social and emotional health
- Includes a ‘basic facts’ talk for home use
The Student Workbook
- Differentiates between sexual freedom and sexual impulsiveness
- Defines the many aspects of human sexuality
- Recognizes various influences on sexual decision making
- Discusses dating guidelines, how to say “no”; how to change former sexual behavior
- Explains how Sex Respect can provide freedom to learn about mature love
- Creative layout
- Age-appropriate information
- Provides realistic answers to students’ questions
- Chapters include:
Sex: What We Are and What a Difference!
Who’s in Charge Here? Mind Over Matter
Free Sex: Is It Or Isn’t It?
Who’s Kidding Whom?
Sex on Credit: Play Now, Pay Later.
AIDS: A Risky Business for Everyone
Yes to Love, No to Fear
Dating: Is It Working for Us?
Staying Cool—With Respect
Hey Now, Get a New Start
Marriage…To Love and to Cherish
Teacher and Staff Training Seminars are available for your school.
To have Coleen give a presentation on Sex Respect and Abstinence topics for your school, group or church, please contact:
Respect, Incorporated (877) 673-7732 or email firstname.lastname@example.org